Friday, April 3, 2009

Butterfly



I have to explain where this card came from. I found a butterfly rubon (yes I know there is no rub on on this card, bear with me for a moment) that was torn. I wanted to save 1/2 of the butterfly for a project, and a metallic pink paper that I have seemed perfect. Then I had this little piece of metallic pink paper sitting in my hand and looking at the black silhouette of the butterfly on the other piece made my mind start working.

During the last bloghop, Terri E. stamped a background, then clear embossed a larger stamped image over it and filled in the background with ink. That means you could only see the background in the large stamp. Check it out. It's awesome!

So I started thinking this pink metallic paper would be nice done like that, just use the metallic paper as the background itself. Forget the fact that the metallic paper would start to melt with heat embossing, forget that black ink doesn't like to adhere to metallic paper.

I thought, as I realized I used the UTEE instead of the fine, as the paper started to melt and again as the black ink wouldn't stick to the metallic paper, "This is nuts. This is never going to work."

Once I had finished though I really liked the look. Just goes to show, you should never give up. I thought for certain the butterfly panel would end up in the trash at each point. But I like the finished card. I really do.

Here's a different angle so you can see the metallic effect in the panel.


And here's the inside. Once again I thought I had made a mistake. Somewhere on my stamp was some residual black ink, so when I stamped it with the sweet blush for the tone on tone look inside, I got this grey contamination. But I think it looks better this way, makes it more rustic like the front.


Supplies:
Stamp: Stampabilities
Cardstock: True Black, Sweet Blush, & Plum Pudding from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sweet blush from papertrey ink, versamark, Black from Close To My Heart
UTEE


Tell me what do you think? And thanks for visiting!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment