Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Well, can you imagine?

So I came on earlier today to get ready to post this card, only to discover I had a number of hits to my page. Now, unless I've posted a project for a sketch or blog hop, I don't get that many hits. Turns out most of them came from Stampin' When I Can. She apparently puts up a list of newly discovered bloggers on her blog each day. And today mine was listed. I actually was so shocked and rather fearful at that point that I shut down my computer. LOL. I set up this blog to show my cards and other creations, mainly to participate in blog hops and sketches. I never really thought anyone would actually LOOK at my blog. Imagine that.

Anyway, on to why we are really here. Well, it's why I'm on here. I don't actually know why you are visiting. But please feel free to leave me a message and tell me why or how you came to my site!!



This is a birthday card for my 12 year old niece. Since they don't live anywhere close to us, I have a hard time knowing what is appropriate for a 12 year old. So I compromised. I made a wonderfully elegant card on the outside; then let my 5 year old daughter decorate the inside. :) It's pretty simple, the only thing that might be difficult to see is that the main panel is shimmery white cardstock, and I stamped a butterfly with gold on vellum, cut it out, and popped it up on the solid raspberry fizz butterfly.


Supplies:
Ink: Raspberry Fizz & Ripe Avocado from PTI, Ulimate Metallic Gold from Tsukineko
Paper: Shimmery White, Stamper's Select White, Vellum, and Raspberry Fizz from PTI
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses, With Sympathy, and Birthday Basics from PTI
Ribbon: Gold from PTI
Gold Pen: Sharpie

Thanks for visiting! And please tell me how you came to my site, I'd love to know!

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    Found you thru scrapbuddies MB...so glad you joined us there and love your cards!

    ReplyDelete